MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Host 4 Post | A Notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Users,

As this is a site which frequently appears in search listings for Host 4 Post - and as I cannot update the H4P site at the moment, I feel this is an appropriate place to post this notice.

Host 4 Post this morning began the process of transitioning hosts, it would seem that our old host took a rather sore feeling towards this, and reacted out of spite.

As a result, our accounts on the old server were "Suspended" (see http://h4p.co), and he moved in and deleted several administrative users from our forum database, as well as deleting our files (see http://host4post.com).

Our forums took backups at 1AM every morning, and I took a local copy of this mornings backup before the site was deleted - however I do not know what backups are available regarding the site and forum files.

As I am a newly returning administrator - I only have rather historical (3 month old) site backups, due to my absence. But, as I see not a lot changed, so they should suffice.

When Cohen gets back online today (time-zone difference) I will have him reclaim the H4P "Mainsite" account, and then present an informational offline page while we work to restore the website.

With regard to the hosted accounts, I do not know the backup procedures that were in place, or if any migration has occurred - or for that matter if RixHost.com have touched the accounts.

Rest assured, that any violations of law or regulation by RixHost will be followed to prosecution in every possible case, under the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom, and if any hosted accounts are removed or modified - we will be opening a case for breach of the Data Protection Act.

We are working hard to resolve these issues and get our website back online, but for now this is the most I can do to get the word out.

Please accept my greatest apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Leyton Reed; Host4Post Administrator.
Damn, hard luck guys Sad you might have some issues Pershing them under the data protection act, as the information resides on their server Confused you could try with the computer misuse act Smile

Good luck getting everything back up Smile