MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Configuration options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My suggestion if not posted allready is

1. Adding date of birth and age restrictions to register page, option to be manidory or not
2. Adding the option to display a set of rules upon registration (not forum rules)
3. Easy menu edit (add/remove/edit)
4. Same function automedia, but now for both video and picture
5. Option for having a rules page on the menu
6. Option for setting COPPA age and edit of information

1. Is a Plugin (Date Of Birth On Registration)
2. You can easily change the agreement page for this
3. There's already a plug-in, but editing from templates isn't that hard or time consuming.
4. No idea what you mean
5. Just make your own rules page with Page Manager, then add it to the nav bar.
6. Admin CP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > COPPA Compliance > Enabled .
(2011-10-02, 04:14 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is a Plugin (Date Of Birth On Registration)
2. You can easily change the agreement page for this
3. There's already a plug-in, but editing from templates isn't that hard or time consuming.
4. No idea what you mean
5. Just make your own rules page with Page Manager, then add it to the nav bar.
6. Admin CP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > COPPA Compliance > Enabled .

1. Ok, thanks - found it and installed it
2. Where?
3. What is it's name?
4. AutoMedia is an plugin that allows you to just post an e.g. youtube link and the movie shows up in your thread. An same function should have been made for pictures instead of using the [img]picture_link[/img] code.
5 Where can I find Page Manager
6. I know abou this, but you cannot change age to other than 13 without going into editing the php files for it, as far as I know of course.

It's not configurable for a reason.

Quote:The act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information by persons or entities under U.S. jurisdiction from children under 13 years of age.

You'd need a custom plugin if you want to disallow users under another age.
(2011-10-03, 09:06 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]It's not configurable for a reason.

Quote:The act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information by persons or entities under U.S. jurisdiction from children under 13 years of age.

You'd need a custom plugin if you want to disallow users under another age.

U.S. A lot of us aren't there nor living there. Maybe a regional option?
If there was an option for every country, it would be overkill imho.
(2011-10-03, 10:13 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]If there was an option for every country, it would be overkill imho.

That's kinda my point. What makes this law so different? There are laws in some middle eastern countries that forbid data encryption. Should that be an option?
My point too, why not just have an option in admin panel to modify such a things, I don't necessary mean COPPA, but something in the essens of the date of birth plugin but acts like coppa if you know what i mean.

(2011-10-04, 01:13 PM)Tom Knudsen Wrote: [ -> ]My point too, why not just have an option in admin panel to modify such a things, I don't necessary mean COPPA, but something in the essens of the date of birth plugin but acts like coppa if you know what i mean.

But Coppa is a legal need in the states. I understand why it's there. It's just not completely relevant.
Well the reason US laws are usually the ones supported the most is because most web hosting is there.
Pages: 1 2