MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I dont want zero post members to dl attachments in forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want members to write on forums.All registered member can dl attachments on forums.I want to set lmiit to 10.> At elast 10 posts needed to dl attachments(other members uplaods on forum)
Well, maybe one of these great support guys can tell you how to change the code, but I'll tell you what I've done on my forum. I've created special groups that members get upgraded to if they post a certain amount of times. You can set it up that registered members don't get to download any attachments, but if they post 10 times, they get upgraded to the next group, lets say Active, and then you just set those permissions that they can download. Of course, you have to keep track of when they post 10 times, but I don't find it that hard. Just set it up in the rules that if they haven't been upgraded within a certain amount of time, that they need to PM you!

Of course, if there is an easy code modification or plug in, that would also be great!! Big Grin
Well good idead but as you said , plugin or code would be better Wink
Thanks for answer.
I tried to create a new group like you explained.But I could not find where to define minimum number of post for this group :$
That's great to have it done automatically, but this can raise problems that I've encountered. You might be offline, and one of your new members posts 10 back to back BS posts, just to make the next level. I've had several members do this before they realized it wasn't automatic. I could then delete those BS posts and inform them of what is required to be upgraded! LOL Wink

Ceyhun Wrote:could not find where to define minimum number of post for this group
As far as I know there is no way to define the minimum number of posts in the new group. You just set their permissions, and when that member reaches that amount of posts, you edit them in Admin CP and move them to the next level yourself...unless you want to make it automatic, like Michael has suggested! Big Grin
Ah ok thanks very much micheal and judel.