MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WEIRD!! Is this possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IP: 65.55.243.147 [lookup] 02:30 PM Using PM System

I saw this in my who's online list. What's the deal? Am I being hacked or something?
Might be an unreported spider. Guests and spiders can go to the PM page, but they only see the "You don't have enough permissions" type page.
I did a little experiment. I changed the permissions so that an unregistered user could access PM and then I typed in my forum URL and added /private.php. I couldn't get into PM, but logged in on another browser, I could clearly see that myself as a guest was "using PM system", even though I couldn't access it as the guest. Only got the:
You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:
etc etc...
Someone is probably trying to see what they can do, but it could be a mistake! Smile Is anyone registered on your forum with that ISP?
The list is showing that a guest is attempting to use the PM system. However, since they don't have permission to do so, they will in fact be looking at the "No Permission" error page with a login prompt.