MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Quick Forum Permissions"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the next version, can all forum permissions be listed on the Quick Forum Perms page? I find it annoying when I want to hide a certain forum from all groups except for Admins for example that I have to go into each usergroup in that forum and click "No" on all the permissions.
Quote:can all forum permissions be listed
You mean the others like "Can Download Attachments?" If so, then that would make the page span out a huge width making it insane to set permissions, then it wouldn't really be quick.

You do know that you can go in to the forum manager, click the forum name, then on the page that comes up, click 'Quick Permissions", right?
Yes I meant every single permission item. Maybe there's can be a modification that can do this Smile

If you have all the permissions listed, then there would not be a need for the old permission page for changing one usergroup at a time but for all permissions.

I'm talking about the page in AdminCP --> Manage Forums --> (choose a forum) --> Click on Quick permissions button.

I still think that including everything will still be in the "quick" sense because you can change multiple usergroups at the same time which is "quicker" than the old permissions page.

Maybe there can be some Javascript that hides the extra columns until expanded (sort of like the forum category expand/collapse)
"Quick" in Chris's terms is having to set permissions on the VERY basic settings. That's why you have to go through all that steps to set permissions on all the other advanced settings.
Like Cory said, quick and basic - setting the most common permissions for a forum.

I don't want to add them all because like I said, it will span a much greater width, could get confusing, and lists alot of permissions which aren't regularly used - "Can download attachments" being one of those ones. Generally if you want a user to be able to view a forum then you want them to be able to download attachments in that forum..
Shouldn't hiding the forum be a basic setting?
What do you mean by hiding the forum? "Can view" is the setting which enables or disablea a forum for a certain usergroup..
It doesn't disappear from the forum list for the usergroup until I go into the detailed permissions and select "no" for all permissions.