MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't upload attachments to posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a fresh installation of MyBB version 1.6.4, PHP v 5.3.8, and MySQL v 5.5 running on a IIS server (Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2). It works fine, except that I cannot upload attachments to any post, either as a User or Administrator. I get no error reports--just no results.

When creating a post, I "Browse" for an attachment, then click on "Add Attachment." I never get an acknowlegement that the file was uploaded (no "Insert Into Post" button). When I "Post Thread," no attachment appears on the post.

The permissions are set to "full control" for the uploads directory on the server (and its children) for the Internet Guest Account. It passes the CHMOD checks on the admin screen. Nothing ever shows up on the server. I've checked the IIS logs and see nothing out of the ordinary. The mybb_attachment table remains empty. I've set all of the MyBB permissions for posting attachments as liberally as appears possible.

I've attached a file to this post, just to convince myself that it CAN work.

URL: http://www.wokr.org/forum
user: testaccount, password: testaccount

Thanks in advance for any help.
-joel

[attachment=24315]
What kind of file was it? Because you need to define the file type if its a rar file. In attachment types.
I can't upload any type of file. The .jpg that was attached to my original post here, for example, won't work with my installation. I've tried with other image types, as well as .doc and .pdf; none of them work. I have looked at the attachment types in the admin panel and they are all there an enabled.

Is your uploads directory chmodded correctly?
(2011-10-04, 07:16 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Is your uploads directory chmodded correctly?

^ This.
Also, check acp->Tools & Maintenance
Scroll to the bottom and ensure the rest are chmodded correctly so you can prevent future problems.
The /uploads directory is 777, as are the other directories indicated in the installation guide. Still no attachments...