MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [UPDATED]-UID (User ID ) in Profile - For 1.6 & 1.4 both
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really see no point on something like this, basically your do what Labrocca mentioned but hard-coded.

Remember that the plugin file will be loaded on all pages, which means that the plugin itself is worse that just a template edit.
There is a point in this maybe you want to see wat order users registered in, like who was second registered also its usefil for admins
(2012-07-08, 01:19 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]There is a point in this maybe you want to see wat order users registered in, like who was second registered also its usefil for admins

The point is, this is already possible by just editing templates:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-105234-...#pid770721

No need for a plugin.
(2012-07-08, 02:28 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-08, 01:19 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]There is a point in this maybe you want to see wat order users registered in, like who was second registered also its usefil for admins

The point is, this is already possible by just editing templates:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-105234-...#pid770721

No need for a plugin.

Oh sorry I mis-read and yeh but its useful for people who aren't experienced with templates I guess
(2012-07-08, 01:01 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that the plugin file will be loaded on all pages, which means that the plugin itself is worse that just a template edit.
Did you even bothered to open the file and see the code? It doesn't run a global query, but only a single query on user profiles.

And yeah, I would update this plugin today or when I get time, I would remove this one query also and make it use NO QUERY but just do template edit and add that variable as it's not needed due to inbuilt function.

And as above guy said, it's not for you or me or any advance users, this was meant to those who are not good with template troubleshooting. Advance users shouldn't even bother to download and activate this plugin.
You shouldn't write plugins that only perform template edits. Anyways, it seems like you think it is worth filling the mods site with this kind of plugins, to help those lazy ones that want a pre-made forum out of the box instead of learning stuff that they are suppose to learn at the end.

It was just a comment to stand up the point that a plugin is not required for this, nothing more.
Nope. I certainly don't agree with you. Many MyBB users, especially 30s or 40s up people, for whom I have worked for developing or doing edits in their forum doesn't have time for it and rather are not encouraged to learn due to their busy job schedules and their tough life.

You cannot speak from other people's apart when you haven't dealt with that situation. And originally, this plugin originated in that way only. A client told me back about an year ago that he wanted this thing and so I coded for free for him and then I decided to release it to general public considering it may useful to less skilled and as always, advance users could do template edits.

Anyways, I have now updated the plugin, attached v1.1 to post and also updated on mods site and is waiting approval.

UPDATE - v1.1 - This plugin now runs NO QUERY but just template edits. So you can use it without worrying about adding extra query to your forum.
I just added that one line into the member_profile template and bingo... the UID shows up nicely.

No plugin is needed.
(2017-05-14, 02:15 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I just added that one line into the member_profile template and bingo... the UID shows up nicely.

No plugin is needed.

This is a five year old thread..
Pages: 1 2