MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: $admincplink and logout problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I've been editing the layout and I'm having a little trouble with $admincplink.

It seems that the link will only show up if there is an ) after it. If I don't put the ) after it then it doesn't show up when logged into the admin account.

[Image: admin_off.jpg]

When I do put the ) after it, it shows up like this:
[Image: admin_on.jpg]

But it also shows the random ) for other non-admin users:
[Image: admin_other.jpg]

Anyway to get the admin link to work without the annoying )?

And, when I log out, I get this error at the top of the page, when I log back in, everything is fine again. I'm guessing its to do with cookies because everytime I clear my cookies it goes away. But I have to clear them everytime I log out and its getting really annoying.

And it only seems to happen to me. I tried on my sisters computer and everything works just fine for her.

Error image - took out picture to stop breaking the page~

Anyway to fix that without me having to clear my cookies everytime? I had no problems last night, but now its doing that, and only on my computer~

My computer restarted itself and now logging out seems to be fine~

Thank you~
When you remove the ")" what's the next character after $admincplink? If it's a character that PHP allows in variable names, it could prevent the variable from being parsed properly.

Also make sure you don't have any strange errors in your HTML.
If I remove it then the next character is a space then  

Code:
    $admincplink��   
Huh. Well, I'm stumped. Toungue

Are you absolutely sure that adding and removing the ")" in your template causes the Admin CP link to be hidden and shown? You're not switching accounts or anything?

Try viewing the source of the page when the link is not appearing, and see if there's anything suspicious there.
Oh, wait... I just realized that the two spaces after your $admincplink are not regular spaces. They're actually ASCII 0160 characters (non-breaking spaces). Try deleting them and using a regular space.
Heh, that worked. Thank you! x.X