MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my forum is showing a mysql error i have never seen before....this is what it says:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1 - Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_21de_0.MYI' (Errcode: 28)
Query:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM mybb_users LIKE 'unreadpms'

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

what does this mean and how can i fix that?
It could be one of a few things. None of which you can fix. You need to contact your host.
if its a hosting problem i want out of my host...what would be the best way to do that?

how would i go about changing hosts while keeping my forum from crashing or whatevers?
(2011-10-04, 06:42 PM)Thanks Again Wrote: [ -> ]if its a hosting problem i want out of my host...what would be the best way to do that?

how would i go about changing hosts while keeping my forum from crashing or whatevers?

Have a read of this tutorial: http://community.mybb.com/thread-15343.html
(2011-10-04, 06:42 PM)Thanks Again Wrote: [ -> ]if its a hosting problem i want out of my host...what would be the best way to do that?

You'll have issues with any host. Simply changing hosts because of one small issue isn't the best idea.