MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WLM (MSN) & MsgPlus Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you use Windows live messenger with Messenger Plus! Live then you will not be able to use the feature to IM with Yahoo! Messenger people!!!!

But i heard that MsgPlus live is suppose to be updated soon so that you will be able too ...

Just thought people would like to know ...

Signed,
Acoolkid0009 Cool
Is that thing still full of crap ads / malware / spyware

no thanks
wolfden Wrote:Is that thing still full of crap ads / malware / spyware

no thanks
lol. It never was. Get your facts straight. Rolleyes

Since May 2003, an optional sponsor program has been bundled with MsgPlus. It's only adware.
I personally don't have any Yahoo contacts that I really keep in touch with as it is, so it isn't really an important matter for me.

I enjoy MSG Plus' scripting system, which is why I keep it. They have a library of functions at hand, and it makes it easier than adding plugins to MSN Messenger any other way. All of the other little features can be kind of nice, but I could live without them.
Ha yeah..
I am using it now, its not bad.
I think loads of people got tricked into not installing msgplus since it got put into the "high" threats on the Microsoft Spyware product.
WDZ Wrote:
wolfden Wrote:Is that thing still full of crap ads / malware / spyware

no thanks
lol. It never was. Get your facts straight. Rolleyes

Since May 2003, an optional sponsor program has been bundled with MsgPlus. It's only adware.

Should probably get your facts straight

"It's 100% free to use and you can choose whether you want to install the sponsor program that comes with it or not. "

It use to auto install that crap. Last time I told it not to install it and it still did. That is why I asked if it still came with that crap.
wolfden Wrote:It use to auto install that crap. Last time I told it not to install it and it still did. That is why I asked if it still came with that crap.

There is no adware. Most probably you did not read the instructions properly and just click 'Next Next Next'.
wolfden Wrote:It use to auto install that crap.
If it did (which I doubt), it must have been some sort of glitch. The sponsor program has been optional from the start.

I haven't heard any reports lately of the sponsor being installed by accident. Probably because Patchou has made many improvements to the installer, mainly to make sure people don't blindly click through.
xiaozhu Wrote:
wolfden Wrote:It use to auto install that crap. Last time I told it not to install it and it still did. That is why I asked if it still came with that crap.

There is no adware. Most probably you did not read the instructions properly and just click 'Next Next Next'.

Nope - I paid particular close attention to it - they may have made the installer better now, been a couple years since I dared tried it again.

Description Messenger Plus! is a add-on for MSN Messenger. Messenger Plus! installs an OPTIONAL adware called C2Media which is also known as LOP.com.

And that was exactly what it installed even tho I had the bundled stuff set to not install. If that was improved than I say great.
Pages: 1 2 3