MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB being hacked like crazy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You guys been paying attention to IPB and the amount of sites running it being hacked. IPB is releasing updates like every 2 weeks. It's just been nuts.
Hackers must be moving from system to system...
I assume they're a large target. Put any software against the amount of hackers that want to exploit IPBs and few will manage without releasing frequent security updates...or so I would think.
You guys may not have been here about a month ago but we were hit with massive hackings and stuff.

The same exact thing that is happening to IPB.
My sites with MyBB weren't hit -- I get an attempt to login email once in a great while.

Were they successful?
Software gets hacked. It's a fact of life. It doesn't matter whether you use phpBB, vB, MyBB, MyTopix, etc. All software has been hacked at least once.

At least IPB is keeping up to date, as they released 2.1.7 yesterday. Just like how MyBB released 1.1.5 to stay up to date.
hehe, well that's the thing I talked about in mybb vs phpbb3. It's normal, softwares get hacked here and there but if you check, despite a huge amount of users, the IPB's exploit record has been less than few others. (because it was built with security in mind and it was well secure right from 1.0) ..

IPB is a solid product, although I think Matt's still the only programmer working on it.

Every opensource software is more vulnerable to exploits since any hacker can spend days looking at it's source, trying to figure out a flaw -- well that sounds boring to us, but it isn't boring for hackers.

Sounds like fun to me. latest thing ive hacked is my screen saver Toungue
Hackers make products harden like stone. Take microsoft for example, Windows has been hacked so much, its like its turned into a rock. The same goes for every other software that has been hacked.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:hehe, well that's the thing I talked about in mybb vs phpbb3. It's normal, softwares get hacked here and there but if you check, despite a huge amount of users, the IPB's exploit record has been less than few others. (because it was built with security in mind and it was well secure right from 1.0) ..

IPB is a solid product, although I think Matt's still the only programmer working on it.

Every opensource software is more vulnerable to exploits since any hacker can spend days looking at it's source, trying to figure out a flaw -- well that sounds boring to us, but it isn't boring for hackers.
He's not the only developer any more. IPS is starting to put together a development team, like Jelsoft does with vB.
Pages: 1 2