MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help related merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there,recently i made new forums which has latest version and it has few members and also have few threads.i have backup of my old mybb forums (version 1.4) database, can you please tell me,is there anyway you could put that database into my new forums.i will pay your charges, but not too much,lol please let me know, cheers.

(plz only those people who have experience in mybb)
use Merge_System - no need of others doing it ! (see also this response)
but ranjani i dont have any experience , if i had any experience never ask here.
Well either read the wiki and follow the instructions or don't merge. The wiki is very detailed, it clearly states everything you need to do.
i m confused as it says (The version of the Merge System for importing into MyBB 1.4 is no longer supported. ) as i want to merge my mybb 1.4 database into mybb 1.6 version.
You need to upgrade the 1.4 to database to 1.6 first.
well its quite hard for me. plz dont delete this thread, i m sure i wil find some1 who will do it for me, i wil pay his service charge. thanks for your help.
You are asking if someone can merge a 1.4 forum into a 1.6 forum?

Shouldn't be too hard.
(2011-10-05, 06:31 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]You need to upgrade the 1.4 to database to 1.6 first.

Actually he doesn't, that key words there are merge into he's merging into 1.6, so he's fine. He just needs to follow the wiki and do it Smile