MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White Screen Of Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off yeah I used the search bar and non of the threads could give me a solution. Alright well I just recently changed my hosting. Ive done this many times successfully but this time the forums worked for a little bit then all of a sudden all I get is a white screen. So nothing is accessible. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced Wink
That's odd, make sure you don't have a file called index.html inside of your directory. If you do, delete it.

Wait, if you try to http://mybbfreak.com/admin/ it redirects you to somewhere else? It's probably a problem with your host's configuration, PHP most likely.

Also, make sure to turn off GZIP compression if you can access your admin cp - that might be the problem. If not, try changing the option directly from your phpmyadmin.
Site URL?
(2011-10-05, 04:43 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Site URL?

www.mybbfreak.com There is nothing to view not even a source.
(2011-10-05, 12:59 PM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]That's odd, make sure you don't have a file called index.html inside of your directory. If you do, delete it.

Wait, if you try to http://mybbfreak.com/admin/ it redirects you to somewhere else? It's probably a problem with your host's configuration, PHP most likely.

Also, make sure to turn off GZIP compression if you can access your admin cp - that might be the problem. If not, try changing the option directly from your phpmyadmin.

The directory is not called admin Wink also my signature link is from my websites logo.

Edit: How would I turn off gzip in phpadmin. Thanks.
Firefox is saying it can't find the server.
Quote:Edit: How would I turn off gzip in phpadmin. Thanks.
Try doing it via, inc/settings.php file as you cannot access ACP. Find some gzip option in that settings.php file and set it to no.

Alright so I deleted my sql made a new one and uploaded my files again. That gave me enough time to disable gzip since my host already offered it. The site is back on now lets see if Gzip was the problem.
(2011-10-05, 06:22 PM)Bounty Killer Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I will give that a shot right now Smile
There is a gziplevel and a gzipoutput I changed them to 0. Is that gonna work?
What was the value of both originally? 1 or yes or on (or something like that)? If it was 1, try setting it to 0, if it was yes, set to no, if it was on, set it to off (value).

Its was 4 and 1. I reloaded my my files and got it running again then disabled it via acp. Thanks for the help guys Wink
No problem, welcome.