MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB with my own php website.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay. I was hoping to get some answers on how integrating Mybb with an excisting custom cms.

I currently have minibb integrated and it works together with my existing member system.

example : http://www.webhost-choice.com/forums/

I always wanted to have mybb but choose minibb because it is one of the easy to integrate forums.

Some questions

will mybb be easy to integrate ?
I want to keep using my own user tables ( minibb can )
Will it take a lot of time to integrate?
I want to use my own registration page , is that possible?

thnaks for answers.

##EDIT##
I do not want to use myBB user table. I have my own member system and all my site functionality works using my system. I want to keep using MY user system. So someone logs in my website CMS. & he will be logged into mybb too. I do not want duplicate user tables or anything.

I currently have a setup using minibb which is very "easy" to integrate with existing systems. it took me some 2 hours to finish the full integration. http://www.minibb.com/synchronizing_minibb.html

MyBB is extremely easy to integrate.
You just need to include MyBB's 'global.php' file, and then use $mybb->user['uid'] to check if the user is logged in or not..

Example:

<?php
require("./mybb/global.php");
if($mybb->user['uid'] == 0){
// user isn't logged in.
}else{
echo "Welcome, ".$mybb->user['username'];
}
?>
(2011-10-05, 07:36 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is extremely easy to integrate.
You just need to include MyBB's 'global.php' file, and then use $mybb->user['uid'] to check if the user is logged in or not..

Example:

<?php
require("./mybb/global.php");
if($mybb->user['uid'] == 0){
// user isn't logged in.
}else{
echo "Welcome, ".$mybb->user['username'];
}
?>

oyou serious? is that the only thing i need to do?
can i disable the mybb signup page and use my own?
You could. Just make sure you use the same password encryption as MyBB

I believe it is md5(md5(pass).md5(salt));

It might be md5(md5(salt).md5(pass)); though.
BTW: to disable mybb register page goto Configuration -> Registration Settings -> Disable Registration
can you provide a better tutorial on this? i dont know what to do.
Where do include this code? I just want mybb to work with my existing user table & use my own login & registration pages.

heres the tut i followed for minibb
http://www.minibb.com/synchronizing_minibb.html

thnx for the reply ranjani, but those tutorials all work the other way arround. I do not want to use the mybb cms system. i want to use my own (which i been working on for ever since i started coding php ... )

if i wanted to expand a mybb installation with other web pages using sql tables these tutorials would do, but i need it the other way. I want to synchronise mybb & let it use my existing member table.
you would have to edit every file in mybb pretty much and change the queries to match your database.. it'd be easier to convert your cms to work with MyBB
(2011-10-06, 11:34 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]you would have to edit every file in mybb pretty much and change the queries to match your database.. it'd be easier to convert your cms to work with MyBB

I have no choice but to stick with minibb then. I need to keep using my own member table.

to bad : ')
You could try to convert your old database to use MyBB's.. Your members may have to reset password, but other than that it should work. Or maybe try on login if the user doesn't already exist, check if it does exist on old db and if password is correct, then create a row in the new database? it would require some core file edits, but wouldn't be to hard.