MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Call custom template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am setting up a forum for a gaming community. I want a "Recent threads" from one board (phpbb3) showing on the portal of the mybb board.

I am hosting both sites.

I have gotten the recent topics to show on a straight html page on the correct server, but when I create a template and add it to my portal it will not work.

In the php bit of the external recent topics page I have to link to a external page from the forum I want linked. As mybb is template driven I haven't found another way than to call this portal.php.

I pasted the code I had for the external working html into a new template, but when I place the template in portal it only shows the code.

It's easier to see waht I mean if you take a look at the page Smile
http://exalted-swtor.com/forums/portal.php
Middle, below the normal Recent threads.

This is the code in my php file that sets what file to show the recent topics:

page_header('External page');

$template->set_filenames(array(
        'body' => '../../../../../exalted-swtor.com/forums/portal.php'
    ));

page_footer();

This works if I create a normal showthreads.html in my forums directory and call that one instead of portal.php.

Well, I really hope this is doable and look forward to getting any help available Smile

I decided to do it simple and go for Iframes, but for some reason it's saying that my browser doesn't support Iframes. I'm running the latest firefox..?
This does not qualify as general support; you might get more help by posting in the Themes and Templates Support forum.
Ok, I don't know what you regard as general support, but I'll be sure to find the right forum next time I've got a problem.

On another note; I bet it would have taken you less time to move this topic over there than to write your reply ^^