MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Mod/Admin ability to post in locked threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin or mod that will let me disable Mod/Admin ability to post in a locked thread?
This does not qualify as general support. Next time look for a more appropriate forum, such as the Plugins & Code Modifications Requests forum.

As far as I know there is not; however, it seems like a kind of useless plugin to have. Administrators and moderators are meant to have such power. If you're not comfortable with a moderator's decisions, they probably shouldn't be a moderator.
Thanks. However, a simple answer would have sufficed, no need to be a hardass and judge the way I want to run my community.
relax people.
MyBB Tutorial - Disable Mod/Admin ability to post using quick reply in locked threads
Denied the Use of Quickreply in Closed Threads

Open ./showthread.php file and find;

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0) 

and Change it into;

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0) 

In this way, you denied the use of quickreply in closed threads for Mods/Admin.
Thanks Yaldaram for the Tip.

Thread: http://www.nadlerzforum.com/thread-mybb-...ed-threads
Thanks nadlerz!