MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disallow "waiting activation" status registrants from posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
said it right, this is somehow a way to control spam from getting in into my site. I have neutralized them, at least, in terms of administrator's control activation but i noticed spams still succeeded into posting.
Go To ACP (Admin Control Panel) >> Forums & Posts >> Click on options of the category >> Edit Forums >> Scroll Down to The bottom Of the page >> and Disallowed Actions
Thanks Dark Byte I'l try this.
i have followed your direction Dark Byte but looks like i dont have problem with my permissions. untouched, "awaiting activation" has viewing permissions only and is disallowed to post thread and reply. are there other ways? unsolved still.
^ your forum URL & a test user account with awaiting activation status may be posted to check the issue ..
ok i'l pm you ranjani details for your testing
just for the update, the problem still exists. what i noticed when i created a test account, immediately i tested to post and it can't. it seems that the forum is working well. But after awhile, awaiting activation account can actually post and reply. checking with my permissions setting look okay actually. so how is it?
thanks a lot ranjani. problem solved. when i check the forum individually, i found out that that specific forum where postings were made has actually gave permissions to "awaiting activation" status. i must have allowed this before for a certain intention, but not for spammers to exploit. great help!