MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add a search box to header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ,

I want to add a search box like what we have here on my header.
can you guys tell me what code and where should I add ?

ps: want to be exactly like here

Thanks in advance.
oh to let you know my forum header is exactly like here 2.
you can use this : basic search box
thank you for helping but this ain't what Im looking for

the code should be something like

<div id="search">
<form action="/search.php" method="post"><fieldset class="noborder"><label for="search_box"><span id="search_left"> </span></label><input name="keywords" id="search_box" title="Enter your search keywords" type="text" /><input value="Search Forum" name="submit-search" id="search_button" type="submit" /><input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" /></fieldset></form>
</div>

=================================

but what the true code is and where to add to be shown on the same place, uhmm not really sure

^ well, above code (in your post) should also work as is at anywhere placed in the header template !!
(2011-10-06, 12:13 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, above code (in your post) should also work as is at anywhere placed in the header template !!

OFC it should work bcz i copied form this site source Big Grin

but it seems like it should have some css code too .

and I tried putting this code in anywhere in header but Sad
IranDeliver, you have to ask MyBB Group for permission as your not allowed to steal their work.
The search bar refers to a element in .css called "search".
(2011-10-06, 03:04 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]IranDeliver, you have to ask MyBB Group for permission as your not allowed to steal their work.
The search bar refers to a element in .css called "search".

Since MyBB is a Free and Open Source Forum Software I thought they wont mind but YOU ARE RIGHT 2 .