MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hey guys....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey Guys!
I Want to make a new group with the color that i choose !
like i want black color ! so what is the code ?
<span style="color: #????;"><strong>{username}>
Put this code for black:

<font color="#000000">{$username}</font>

{$username} would be there by default.

Also if you don't know hex color code values, you could also put simple names like:

<font color="black">{$username}</font>
<font color="red">{$username}</font>

and so on.
<font> tags are deprecated. We should use either <span> or <div> , <span> are much better though.

@OP: try this;
<span style="color: #000000;">{username}</span>
This'll turn usernames to Black. You may style it your own. To make it bold, just add font-weight: bold; in the style tag like this;

<span style="color: #000000; font-weight: bold;">{username}</span>
No, there is no problem. I use font tags since my start.
problem != deprecated

one just shouldn't use deprecated code.
(2011-10-06, 03:25 PM)patrick Wrote: [ -> ]problem != deprecated

one just shouldn't use deprecated code.
You mean it causes trouble? Since in my past one and half year experience doing same, I've had nothing.

It doesn't right now, but it may cause trouble in any future version of a browser. If you use deprecated code, you'll have to test it every time any browser is updated.
The font tag has been deprecated years ago (it was deprecated in HTML4, and is unsupported in HTML5).
I've never tested it, but there's a reasonable chance that you can't style the font tag from a css file. If your template has a doctype of HTML5, XHTML 1.0 Strict or XHTML 1.1 it's possible that the browser ignores the tag, or worse.
Ah okay, thank you.