MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding classes to the html tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Again, what is the effect you want to archive? What is the css code you want to use?

You can style anything in your page using the body tag.
(2011-10-07, 08:43 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Again, what is the effect you want to archive? What is the css code you want to use?

You can style anything in your page using the body tag.

Except the background of the page (and using the background attribute of the body tag won't work because I'm using a multi layer background)

Why must I make my site so complex Sad
I've designed my theme to parts that are styled differently depending on the css tags applied to the html element, much like how you can style things based on compatibility with modernizr, a basic part of how it works is simply changing the background depending on whether it's night time or not which should be switched with the classes on the HTML element.

The other alternative is to use Javascript to add the classes which shouldn't be necessary
So you want to use multiple backgrounds?
(2011-10-08, 12:22 AM)Bugster Wrote: [ -> ]Except the background of the page (and using the background attribute of the body tag won't work because I'm using a multi layer background)
use the body, and create within the body a div that contains the entire page. The body will act like the html and the new div as the body.

Or ignore IE8 and assign all layers to the background of the body. Works in every other browser, and IE8 will see the first layer.
Pages: 1 2