MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help Making Portal My Homepage Look So Far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://the4gnation.webege.com/index.php

theres my link please help me out when ever i click home i dosent work..

heres what my header coding looks like

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php" class="index">Home{$mybb->settingsForums}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php" class="portal">Forums{$lang->toplinks_Home}</a></li>

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/donate.php" class="help">Premium{$lang->toplinks_Premium}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help">Help Me!{$mybb->settingsHelp}
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" class="search">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php" class="memberlist">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>
You need to change home and portal to this:
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php" class="portal">Home{$mybb->settingsForums}</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php" class="index">Forums{$lang->toplinks_Home}</a></li>
still didnt work :/
is your sight set to the actual hompage
Do you mean homepage as in if you go to just the domain of your website it'll showup the portal instead of the index? If so you need a .htaccess access file for that. You'll need to put into it:
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php
so do i use filezilla for that
Yes you would use filezilla to upload that .htaccess file into your MyBB directory.
i already have index.php & portal.php in there it came with it
Yes I know that. See my code post? Copy that and paste it into a text editor, then name the file ".htaccess" and upload it to your MyBB directory via FTP. If your using the .htaccess that MyBB came with then simply add those lines to the very top of the .htaccess that they are using and your all set.
ok gotcha.. brb
omg lol thats it! thanks so much dude really appreciate it!
No problemo(: If you need anymore help let me know(: