MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB site another new forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello
I have a new MyBB forun up at http://zuerst1.com
My main business is trying to sell 420 domain names but I have the forum up as a general News/info type forum,everyone is welcome,rules are posted.It has been on-line about a month,using the stock MyBB theme. comments welcome!
I would like to darken the type print without changing the theme and will figure that out later,its a bit bright for me.
I have used many different forum softwares but really do like the MyBB the best!
Thanks for looking!

[Image: logo.gif]

Big Grin
Your logo looks neat but is way too long. Change it to simply Zuerst1 - or add "the network forum" or "The Network Forum" in small text. That will help "brand" your site while retaining a descriptive function of it.
I think you're posting threads too often. It'll be hard for new people to keep track, and it is a little unwelcoming when you see heaps of threads with no replies. The logo is pretty basic, but you could have made it look a lot better by producing a PNG image with transparency. Without transparency it looks quite contrasting.

I wish you luck, and with a few changes to how you manage the site it could turn out pretty decent.
(2011-10-07, 09:50 PM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]I think you're posting threads too often. It'll be hard for new people to keep track, and it is a little unwelcoming when you see heaps of threads with no replies. The logo is pretty basic, but you could have made it look a lot better by producing a PNG image with transparency. Without transparency it looks quite contrasting.

I wish you luck, and with a few changes to how you manage the site it could turn out pretty decent.

Hello
Thanks for the feedback!
I'm not quite sure what is going on at my forum. I now have 609 members and ZERO post by members! yup I posted everything on there. This just don't add up,the law of averages says someone out of 609 registered would post!.
If it keeps up I will have to delete the forum as I'm not going to operate it that way.
See specs from YOUR forum and compare with MY forum and tell me what is up?
---------------------------
"YOUR FORUM:
Our members have made a total of 8,387 posts in 393 threads.
We currently have 97 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Takoto
The most users online at one time was 160 on 13-02-2011 at 11:47 AM"
---------------------------
"MY FORUM:
Our members have made a total of 481 posts in 349 threads.
We currently have 609 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, mooplasoummig
The most users online at one time was 116 on 09-13-2011 at 07:09 AM "
--------------------------
Huh
These members are all spam bots.
(2011-10-08, 12:40 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]These members are all spam bots.

Hello
Thats what I was wondering! Why do I have all of them? whats the deal on them?
What needs to be done? Why is my forum infected and others not?
WTF ?? Big Grin
i get random members that post random adverts in a different language on my forum, so uncool Lol
(2011-10-08, 01:11 PM)PsycoKilla Wrote: [ -> ]i get random members that post random adverts in a different language on my forum, so uncool Lol

But they dont post anything at my forum!! what could be going on with that? what is their purpose?
Huh
(2011-10-08, 01:27 PM)xaaxa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-08, 01:11 PM)PsycoKilla Wrote: [ -> ]i get random members that post random adverts in a different language on my forum, so uncool Lol

But they dont post anything at my forum!! what could be going on with that? what is their purpose?
Huh

Have you checked their profile too? See if they add a link in signature or in their profile website field. That's pretty old spamming method. If they make a spam post, you will more likely delete the post. So their link won't stay. But if they put link in signature and won't post at all, you won't notice the link, but search engines will.

I usually prune members with 0 posts after some 1 or 2 months of their registration. This will remove most of the spam bots.
To prevent them from registering you can use Re-Captcha, Registration security question and Stop Forum Spam.
I fixed it,I deleted everyone! Big Grin
I fixed it even better,I deleted the whole website! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2