MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server Load?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How the server load in mybb ACP increase or decrease? is it the attachments that are stored on server? or the members who continuously changes their user names?
It depends on how many people are visiting the site's on your server.
(2011-10-07, 03:06 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on how many people are visiting the site's on your server.

I think its not the case, members and guests are as usual, but today load is increased, I found there are attachments and some users who keeps on changing their user names, and does this server load changes every hour or minute etc
Server load is the full server load. If you're on shared hosting, the load could be increased due to a traffic increase to another site on the server.
(2011-10-07, 03:11 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Server load is the full server load. If you're on shared hosting, the load could be increased due to a traffic increase to another site on the server.

That was exactly what I said. I said it depends on how much people visits sites on your server.
What is the limit of a good server load,
and what is the limit , beyond which you have to worry about?
Depends entirely on the server. If your server has 4 cores, you should be alright up to a load of 4.x usually. Saying that, I've seen shared servers with loads up to like 31 - which is extremely bad in most cases.
a good server has a load below 1.
(2011-10-07, 04:43 PM)patrick Wrote: [ -> ]a good server has a load below 1.

and is costing more money than needed. sure its the optimal load, but the additional cost of such a server tends to not be worth it for the performance gains.
Not sure it's been properly explained yet.

Server load represents the CPU activity. Unlike a Windows machine which will give you a CPU Percentage a Linux/Unix server gives you "load".

A load of 1 represents 100% of a single CPU core. Load was created long before multiple core servers so please note that a load higher than 1 no longer means 100% or more. Example is a dual quad core (8 cores) can have a load of 8 before it's using 100%. And to be honest I've run servers with loads well over 8. HF has 12 core server and I run at a regular load between 2 and 4.

If you're on shared hosting...load is practically worthless to know. In almost all cases of shared hosting slowdowns or problems they tend to relate to the database which are often on separate servers now. And most shared hosting environments won't tell you how many cores the server has anyways.

Hopefully that helps.
Pages: 1 2