MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Link not working correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mates,

I have a plugin that allows for header, postbit or footer ads to be inserted in my forum. I am trying to put a text link in my forum at the footer. The link shows up correctly, but when you hover over the link, it is showing my forums URL infront of the links URL. I for one am not sure why it is doing this, and two, checked the footer template code and couldn't find the links code to correct it. Any ideas? My forum is at: http://-------------.net

That's the link I am having problems with.
you are using my-advertisements plugin AND the links are added in my advertisements section on Tools & Maintenance

you have to edit the links at above referred section !! AND it is a redirect link hence you have your forum URL !!
Hey Ranjani,

Not sure how to correct the problem. Do I need to remove the ad from the "My Advertisements" CP in "Tools and Maintenance"? If you could give me a step by step how to do that would be great..OR just advise me what template to check, to alter the code manually.
admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> my advertisements --> advertisements (tab)

you can see advertisements listed at above location.
click on edit link (at action column) for the footer advertisement

you should have the link & its details for editing ...
Now that I have had some sleep, I found the problem was a simple one. The link was bad, (not a full link). Then I "cut and pasted" the bad link. So, it was NOT the fault of the My Advertisements plugin, or MyBB. It was "human error".