MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Going Back to Nuke-Evo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gave Nuke-Evo another chance, but this is last chance. I like Nuke-Evo because it's customizability and neatness (HTML isn't the best with my skills!) and has phpBB forum that's integrated. I wish I could rip the phpBB Forum out and reinstall a MyBB forum though.

Don't know how good my choice is but this is THEIR last chance because their support sucks.

So if you see me back here, than you will know why. Smile

Sorry to double post, but I ain't going back. Their Support is screwed up as their lounge part is screwed up. Not going back, I'm sticking with MyBB for sure.
Nuke? i feel bad for you...
I really am now because I cant choose which CMS software to use, and this is what I use in a Tie.
You really didn't have to start an entire new thread for this Wink your old one would have sufficed. Smile glad you're back
I actually quitted nuke-evo because,
2.0.5 release ( or 2.5 ) was awesome, but after that it was dead.
Almost no development, plugins and addons were scarce or needed massive manual code edits. Lots of incompatibility amongst every modification.
Also, it had phpbb integrated, although the integration was nice, I was still annoyed it needed to use it's own admin panel et cetera.

Their support is downright rubbish.....
The whole development went over to a german site, I shouldn't be forced to go to a third-party site for the development for a CMS, Nuke-evo Xtreme was nice, but that was packed with TOO MUCH for my taste.
They are going in an SMF circle where they are taking almost a year to release something.

After that I went to Joomla, because I wanted a CMS but that had the same problem ( lots of incompatibility amongst eachother ) plus it was just too big for my taste ( 20mb for a core ? FML! )

Then I found MyBB, and it basically offered everything I needed for my own taste.
Because with even a small bit of messing around, MyBB is already more than just a forum.
For a good CMS I would either go with Drupal or ModX both give you a lot of control and don't try to do everything for you out of the box.
Nuke evo / xtreme are all so old and outdated.....why would you go back to inferior software?