MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Code not accepting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Big Grin Ive got a problem with my forum.
Whenever my friend tries to edit a template, it just doesn't accept
we tried with different browsers etc, but it just doesn't accept and nothing shows up. Anyone can help me with this problem? - we are trying to do many changes, but this bug is holding up everything T_T
appears to be a problem with database - do you get any error while saving the template ?
It's probably Codepress acting up. Disable it by going to Admin CP > Home > Preferences > Turn on / off Codepress > Off.
(2011-10-09, 01:43 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably Codepress acting up. Disable it by going to Admin CP > Home > Preferences > Turn on / off Codepress > Off.

I'm the friend of craig who is trying this. Let me xplain it.

We're trying to get our shoutbox on the top of the site and add toplinks. Now I followed everystep on mybb wiki etc. And some other tuts. After it didn't worked (The code stays in the template it doesn't dissapear but it doesn't work..).

I searched here if some people had also the problem but they got solver with using other browser and turning codepress off. This didn't worked for me. I tried with over 5 diffrent browser to do it with codepress off and on. Nothing worked yet...

^ are you sure that you are editing the correct set of templates ...
(2011-10-09, 03:20 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ are you sure that you are editing the correct set of templates ...

Yes. In the header template I'm adding the toplink code.
And for the shoutbox moving I edited the Index template and I moved the {myshoutbox} under the header.
But it doesn't work.. I even followed Tuts etc.
^ I thought may be you are editing a different theme's template set by mistake ...
(2011-10-09, 03:35 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ I thought may be you are editing a different theme's template set by mistake ...

Nope I did default and I've also tried the template who's installed as default.
keep a copy of the code in your header template as a php file (use a code editor eg. notepad++
for making php file) ; then revert your header template to original - does it save without errors ?
if it saves then you may be able to modify it as per your requirements ...

[Image: revert.png]
(2011-10-09, 05:28 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]keep a copy of the code in your header template as a php file (use a code editor eg. notepad++
for making php file) ; then revert your header template to original - does it save without errors ?
if it saves then you may be able to modify it as per your requirements ...

[Image: revert.png]

It saves without any errors. But when I add the toplink code (image and everything is also in the root) then it also doesn't give any errors and it saves the code. But it doesn't add the toplink to the site. It just doesn't appear.