MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress Like Theme/Plugin Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
One-click plugin installs would rock. It would remove the need to actually go to a full computer to just upload a simple plugin. I could do it with my iPad. And with a computer, it means less time.
There aren't any ftp/zip programs for the iPad? I've done zip and ftp things with my cheap android phone...
its great idea...i using mybb for many forum..i think its seem like my idea http://community.mybb.com/thread-106948.html
(2011-10-24, 03:09 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]There aren't any ftp/zip programs for the iPad? I've done zip and ftp things with my cheap android phone...

Unfortunately no. I have a feeling that it has to do with Apple's restriction of browsing through the file system... But I am still a serious Apple fan regardless.

EDIT: Sorry about necro... I browsed too far and posted accidentally.
EDIT2: I found some as well as a great code editor.
(2011-10-31, 12:59 PM)kowarkowar Wrote: [ -> ]its great idea...i using mybb for many forum..i think its seem like my idea http://community.mybb.com/thread-106948.html

You already can do that...
Anyway how hard would it be to code?
It would be a wasted opportunity not to implement a system like this when 2.0 is a complete rewrite anyway. Most CMS/blog/forum software is headed in this direction or already does this, so it would risk falling behind to stick with FTP upload methods of modding.
(2012-02-28, 05:59 PM)Malphas Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a wasted opportunity not to implement a system like this when 2.0 is a complete rewrite anyway.Most CMS/blog/forum software is headed in this direction or already does this, so it would risk falling behind no stick with FTP upload methods of modding.

Change most to multiple, and this is my perspective.
Exactly my thoughts and why I suggested it. I imagine other free forum software will release this on theirs soon so why fall behind?
I think this idea needs a bump, I really feel this would make thing so much easier for everyone Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4