MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add mybb to directory (mysite.com/mybb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

sorry this has probably been answered quite a bit, but I've been searching and can't the answer and feeling pretty overwhelmed at the minute but slowly understanding the processes.

I'm trying to add mybb to 'mysite.com/mybb', rather than a sub domain (mybb.mysite.com)

Thanks to mybb wiki I've uploaded mybb to my index page (no idea how to do anything yet but sure mybb wiki will help me out Smile), but would like to place it under 'mysite.com/forum' so when I make an index page in dreamweaver I can link to the forum (read that this is a good way?).

I've read that I should create a folder in 000webhost cpanel and name it forum but can only find sub-domain?

I'm using FileZilla and 000webhost, but plan to upgrade to paid hosting once I get everything in order and get some activity.

Thanks guys!
When using 000webhost or any host you need to access your account via FTP, go into "public_html" and create a directory named "forum" or "mybb" or whatever you would like to call it. After you have done that, then upload MyBB's files and install it from there.
(2011-10-09, 08:03 PM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]When using 000webhost or any host you need to access your account via FTP, go into "public_html" and create a directory named "forum" or "mybb" or whatever you would like to call it. After you have done that, then upload MyBB's files and install it from there.

Thanks! I did this before, but the forum lost its styling for some reason...must have messed up in the FTP somewhere. Working great now!

Just need to work out how to customise mybb and then make similar looking pages in Dreamweaver. Big Grin
You need to change your cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php and also change your board URL.
(2011-10-09, 08:26 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change your cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php and also change your board URL.

sorry for my naivety but what would changing the cookie settings in ./inc/settings.phpthat do? What do you mean by board URL?
You can't login or logout if your cookie setting are incorrect.

Please refer to this thread for more details: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
(2011-10-09, 08:41 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]You can't login or logout if your cookie setting are incorrect.

Please refer to this thread for more details: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html

Ar ok, thank you! Big Grin