MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you found mybb [for the first time] ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am eager to know, how people found mybb for the first time, for me its pretty awesome.

I used to go to an educational site that belongs to my university activities, it uses mybb forum, But I hate the layout of things are there, (I never had visited a forum , that was first time :p) . I thought to design my own with a normal way of (I was completely a newbie, I just know how to add tables in html :p). That educational site is hosted on a free host, and due to its traffic its database always shows error of max users, and there I saw mybb logo, I visited two times mybb, and didn't get what is that thing :p . after some time, when I get used to it, I found that its not junk, its forums and quite easy, so I look for a one that is free , I found and didn't get any :p then again this site got the same max user problem, I google for its solution, some how, I reached mybb community from that search, then I realized that mybb is a company that publish forums for free with support Big Grin . So I downloaded mybb 1.6.3 & installed and it really rocks Big Grin
I was searching for the TOP Forum Software lately Smile
and then I found MyBB.
A board I was on was using it, and phpBB multiforums wasn't cutting it for me Toungue
I ran a n00bish tech forum on a free host, and this guy I knew ran this GD forum, and I was amazed on how good the theme looked and all the features it had and so I asked him which freehost are you using and he introduced me to the new world of web hosting, domain names, and actually having to upload files with FileZilla O.o

So after that I tried just about everything but I liked MyBB the best Toungue

I was overwhelmed xD
I was a member on AJS's forum that he ran and really liked it, so i converted my forum i was running from smf to mybb and stuck with it ever since.
Came across it somewhere, thought it looked like vBulletin a bit, so I used it.
I chose it on a forum software comparison site.
After the MSN Groups closure I decided to continue my fan site in another place, after countless messes with phpBB, SMF, crappy free hostings, I found MyBB and now I love it.

My forums are not that popular though..
Well, back when I was noobier, I was a member of CyberAirline's forums, and I found out it was running MyBB, so I googled it cause I wanted my own forum too, somehow I found CreateMyBB, and after a few days of frustrating attempts to put a theme on it, I found out I couldn't. So I left it. After a month or so, I came up upon a youtube video on how to install MyBB. Then I learned about domains, webhosting, FTPs, and stuff like that.
(2011-10-10, 04:48 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]after a few days of frustrating attempts to put a theme on it,

I also faced it, but I found tut on mybb for it Wink

Pages: 1 2