MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Animated Smilies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
May be this has been suggested before,

I would suggest animated gif similes, current smiles are also cool, but if they can animate, they will rock Big Grin
Animated smilied can be a bit of a distraction. Also, it's been confirmed that the smilies will be in PNG format, which cannot be animated. If you like animated smilies you can add them yourself Smile
(2011-10-10, 03:36 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Animated smilied can be a bit of a distraction. Also, it's been confirmed that the smilies will be in PNG format, which cannot be animated. If you like animated smilies you can add them yourself Smile

aahh, okay ;(
I vote no.
(2011-10-10, 03:36 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]Animated smilied can be a bit of a distraction. Also, it's been confirmed that the smilies will be in PNG format, which cannot be animated. If you like animated smilies you can add them yourself Smile
APNG Specification Wink

Largely unsupported, though.

I also disagree with animated smilies. You can always upload your own if you want them.
If your users use lot of smilies in a page, having all of them animated would be hard to see.
So, i vote no. Sad
I like the currect smile pack, will they change it or just redone it on PNG format? That is my question.
I think the plan is to redo them in PNG, but have them be the same.
PNG is the better choice, no animated please.
Okay no animated but , how about gradient smiles? they can be in png and will look cool with new mybb
Pages: 1 2