MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Layout to Columns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a little problem with the way the Poster's name and avatar sit on the row above the post content.

The forum in development is here: [Removed]

I'd like the content to display with the users name on the left, and the content on the right (as with this thread).

I've been digging around the various settings and searched "change Forum layout" and "forum layout Columns" without success. Didn't know whether to post this here or on 'Themes'.

As a previous Proboards user, I've only just discovered and installed MyBB a couple of weeks ago and am going through the configuration process now. Getting to grips with most of it, but can't seem to work this bit out.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks in advance.

Chris Smile
simple method : use force postbit layout plugin
other method : use force / remove postbit style

(2011-10-10, 07:01 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]simple method : use force postbit layout plugin

Thanks Ranjani, but I think I've managed to find what I'm after:

Configuration > Show Thread Options > Post Layout > check: Display posts using the classic layout

Cool
^ fine Smile user can select any post style through user control panel

user control panel --> edit options --> Thread View Options --> Display posts in classic mode
(2011-10-11, 06:14 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ fine Smile user can select any post style through user control panel

user control panel --> edit options --> Thread View Options --> Display posts in classic mode

Yes, I see. Thanks for that - looks like it'll be needed. Smile

I logged in this morning and now I realise that the Classic View that I saw working last night was for guests only. I've just applied the setting you give and that works for an individual user.

Looks like the Plug-in that you suggested originally is the way to go - we'll see if we can get that going.

As a new user to MyBB, I find it strange that I have to get a plug-in to make Classic view work as the site default, but I'll get over it. LOL

Thanks again.

ChrisSmile
(2011-10-10, 07:01 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]simple method : use force postbit layout plugin

Whoo hoo - Plug-in works - thanks. Cool