MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Education
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I went to public Deaf School, I am, I went to public Deaf , I transfer to high School Religious Catholic School (ASL ) oppposite but school ESL (Deaf School Public) I was oral and lip reading < I was some lip reading Deaf School Public oral control me 0_o!
(2011-12-13, 08:22 AM)amnjo Wrote: [ -> ]I went to public school until 6th grade, and then I became homeschooled. Right now I would be in 9th grade, and I wish I was in public school now (or that I hadn't agreed to become homeschooled) but my mom apparently doesn't like the idea of that :/

Same here. My mom is positive I'm in 9th grade, possibly 10th grade in some subjects. I wish I was put in public school when I was old enough Undecided
Private school. It has a small population so everyone knew each other. It was fun. Smile My parents wanted me to fulfill their dream of going to one.
That is particularly opinionated and underinformed. Having one tutor can in no way lead to more available knowledge because you only have to knowledge of a single person, yet in a public or private school you have multiple tutors. Although I do agree about the attention part, there are drawbacks to homeschooling. The greatest of these is the social aspect. Children who are homeschooled don't get exposed to other children in the playground like normal school kids are.

Also, can I ask if you were homeschooled?
Quote:The greatest of these is the social aspect. Children who are homeschooled don't get exposed to other children in the playground like normal school kids are.

That's why a lot of homeschooled kids go to co-ops where they're around other kids, socializing, and learning something. They still get their core classes at home, and then some extra classes outside with other kids.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6