MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop forum from resizing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How would I stop my forum from being resized, so the page has a FIXED height and width. So instead of the page shrinking, the person has to scroll to the left or right of the page.

Demo: This site
Thanks in advance!
What's your forum's URL please ?
We need a link to your forum to help you. Toungue
My forum is just on localhost at the moment so no link to provide...
By the way forgive my ignorance but why would you need a URL anyways for this, isn't it s standard one edit fits all mybb forums?
css,
global.css -> content ->> overflow:auto:
(2011-10-13, 08:55 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]css,
global.css -> content ->> overflow:auto:

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it a little later and I'll report back.
Add the below properties to #container { in ACP > Themes & Styles > YOUR THEME > global.css:

margin-left: auto;
	  margin-right: auto;
	  margin: auto;

and save it and it should do. Also if more, try to use container width as fixed pixels (for example: 900px) and not as percentage (for example, 95%) because % width would adjust themselves as per person's own monitor resolutions.

Alright I followed crazy4cs's advice changing the percent to a fixed pixel, now thats stopped the container but what about the logo the header and the footer, how can I keep them fixed aswell?
edit: Can you just try adding the code to container property aside from adding px as listed on this post ? If after adding that, it doesn't work out, see below.

Try adding the below css to global.css and try again:

.logo {

#header {

and try adding below property under .bottommenu { class:

- Adding the code to container didn't keep it fixed at all that's why I used your tip of changing percent to pixels.
- None of the proposed solutions worked on the logo and header unfortunately.

I've been experimenting with "position:fixed" css but can't get it to stay fixed in a certain position...

Pages: 1 2