MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.1.5 to 1.1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1st off, how do i find out if i have 1.1.5? 2nd, regarding "Updating from 1.1.5 Using Changed Files (Recommended)
You must already be running MyBB 1.1.5 to perform this method!
Download the attached "mybb_116_changed_files.zip" from this post.
Upload the contents of it to your forums in the corresponding folders.
Check your Admin CP to confirm you are running 1.1.5"
i have no idea where to upload the contents of this zip file. where do the contents go, exactly? do i have to use ftp? i apologize, but i'm totally lost here as to what to do, exactly. Rolleyes sorry if i put this in the wrong forum.
in your admin pages of your site, the first page you see should tell you the version (in two places, actually: up top and at the bottom.) It's best to do all the upgrades (1.1.5 had a few pages changed.)

and then ftp the functions.php to the /inc/ folder overwriting the old one. (Or use your control panel to upload and overwrite.)

EDIT (AND OFF TOPIC): Woo Hoo! 50 posts!
silverwing Wrote:in your admin pages of your site, the first page you see should tell you the version (in two places, actually: up top and at the bottom.) It's best to do all the upgrades (1.1.5 had a few pages changed.)

and then ftp the functions.php to the /inc/ folder overwriting the old one. (Or use your control panel to upload and overwrite.)

EDIT (AND OFF TOPIC): Woo Hoo! 50 posts!

here's the url:
http://rctaddict.createmybb.com/
i don't see the version number anywhere.
is it neccessary for me to upgrade? i can't make heads or tails out of all this. i wanted my forums deleted but was told they can't be, i think.
Ahhh, you don't host it yourself.

Don't worry about it then, the site owner has to do it. And if you check the createmybb news, they said it has been upgraded to 1.1.6.
http://support.createmybb.com/Upgraded-t...t-267.html
MaliciousKitty Wrote:Ahhh, you don't host it yourself.

Don't worry about it then, the site owner has to do it. And if you check the createmybb news, they said it has been upgraded to 1.1.6.
http://support.createmybb.com/Upgraded-t...t-267.html

thanks. btw, what do you mean by "site owner"? the person who created the forums i wanted deleted? sorry, but i was confused.
The site owner is the person the owns the website. They pay for the hosting, they installed the script and keep it up to date, they own the whole site. Usually they are the only one with ftp access to the website.

And for wanting to delete the forums, I don't know how to do that with createmybb. Why do you want them deleted?
If you want your forums being deleted you should contact CreateMyBB (yeah, this is his username) at the CreateMyBB support forums. Smile
I was actually going to suggest that, but I searched through their forums, and it turns out that iamscott posted about having his forum deleted, and they told him that they don't delete forums, even if they're inactive..

So, if ya don't want it anymore, then just forget about it.
O yeah I forgot that. Toungue
MaliciousKitty Wrote:So, if ya don't want it anymore, then just forget about it.

i'll do that. thanks.
Pages: 1 2