MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restoring a backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment I'm changing webhosts and I want to transfer my forum to my new host without loosing posts / members. How can I do this?

Any help is very much appreciated!
It may depend on the options that your new and old webhost has provided. If your previous webhost allows you to download a backup of your database, then do so. Then, your new host will need to allow you to upload that backup. (If you can upload the downloaded backup of the database, then that is all you will need to keep all of your data.)

There is probably a way to do this in most webhosting control panels, but you may want to talk to both of the hosts to assure they provide the options you need.
You have to transfer all files from your forum's folder to the new webspace and the contents of the old database into a new one.

See also:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...8#pid47028
[wiki]Database Backup[/wiki]
[wiki]Database Restore[/wiki]
Thanks!
You could also simply transfer over your backup using phpMyAdmin
I'm using phpMyAdmin to do the restore, but I get the following error midway through the transfer:

MySQL said:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ';
CREATE TABLE mybb_reportedposts (
rid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_inc' at line 4

Any help would be appreciated!