MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make a membership area on the forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

i want to make a membership area on my forums for the registered users how can i do this and is there a payment module that i can use with mybboard

please i need as many advice and suggestions and comments on this

thanks alot for all the help
Depending on the size of the your forum you can just make it so they pay you via PayPal and then you manually add them to a Custom Group that has more options then regular users.
i can't think of a better way of doing it then what ryan just said.
unfortunately there's no way to do this automattically like in IPB or VB.
oh ok but i was looking like ok so that means i can make a user group make them pay and add them manually

yeah i can live with that

thanks guys
forgot about that mod.

that should work for donations, but not recurring subscriptions. (Which, for me - and of course, i'm not the OP - is a dealbreaker.)

~silverwing
If you bothered to look you will notice that the mod I sent is for SUBSCRIPTIONS.
I have "bothered" to read that page, I've even "bothered" to download it and even "bothered" to install it on a test site.

It's for donations. As far as I can tell, it wont automatically remove permissions if they don't pay for a month. (which is the point of a "subscription." ) Therefor this doesn't act like the IPB/VB subscription system.

If it does do this, then the documentation really needs a lot of work. If not, it really should be renamed.

From that page
Quote:PayPal/Paid Subscriber v1.1

Allows users to donate and be put in usergroups

A plugin to integrate with PayPal and more specifically PayPal's IPN feature.
Users can donate to your PayPal account and if you use IPN a notice will be sent to your forum and users can be put into usergroups automatically.

Where does it say subscriptions other than the title? It's a misnomer. Again, if I'm wrong, tell me.
I tried installing that mod and got nothing but errors. Decided to just go with Ryan's suggestion. Big Grin