MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I'm sure one of you around here knows a nice bit about facebook and facebook pages.

I am wondering, I've seen pages hold contests that whoever posts a post that gets the most likes wins something.

So I'm wondering when poeple like that post, does that increase the amount of likes for the actual page?

If so how can this be done?
(2011-10-12, 07:40 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I'm sure one of you around here knows a nice bit about facebook and facebook pages.

I am wondering, I've seen pages hold contests that whoever posts a post that gets the most likes wins something.

So I'm wondering when poeple like that post, does that increase the amount of likes for the actual page?

If so how can this be done?

You mean if they like a non-page post does it increase your pages like count? No. The only thing that increases your page's like count is people physically clicking the like button for your page.
Alright, that's what I was wondering. Thanks Stricken Smile.
No problem
One more question,

Is there a way to make it so only people who have liked your page, can post on your wall?
(2011-10-12, 08:33 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]One more question,

Is there a way to make it so only people who have liked your page, can post on your wall?

As far as I know it should do that by default, but I could be wrong.

I actually just tried it on your Facebook page and it let me post, hmm.. I'll look into this and get back to you
Nah it doesn't do it by default as I checked some pages that I didn't like and it allows me to post. & You already liked my page anyways :p
(2011-10-12, 09:26 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]Nah it doesn't do it by default as I checked some pages that I didn't like and it allows me to post. & You already liked my page anyways :p

I know, but I unliked it to try and see if the page would let me post or not Toungue Like I said, I'll do some searching and see if I can find an answer for you.
Thanks
I have 30 likes, how do I make it a short url? Ex. Facebook.com/PAGENAME
(2011-10-13, 09:33 AM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks
I have 30 likes, how do I make it a short url? Ex. Facebook.com/PAGENAME

http://www.facebook.com/username/
Pages: 1 2