MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Planetary Sanctum - Metal Music Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: logo1.png]

Hey all,

It's been a while since I updated everyone about my forum, so I figured that I'd start a new thread (since I bumped the last one too many times).

As of today, we are nearing the 6k post-mark and the 80-user mark. In case you don't recall, Planetary Sanctum was designed with its userbase in mind. We pay special attention to making sure that our forums are a place where all metalheads can come for civil discussion, devoid of the typical criticism and ostracism that can be found in other communities.

If you're looking for a new place to discuss music from the extreme, to the progressive, and even more obscure genres like shoegaze and atmospheric metal, PS is the place to go.

Check us out today! Thanks!

http://www.planetarysanctum.com
I like its color Big Grin
Thanks a lot!
Great amount of content for the amount of users you have. Good work.
Glad to hear that sort of evaluation. Thanks!
We've just had a logo change!

[Image: logo47.png]
I'd like to share a forum position opportunity with all of you in case you are interested. This is a copy of my ad from The Admin Zone, so that's why it looks preformatted.

Quote:I run a metal music forum called Planetary Sanctum, and it's gotten quite a following of regular users. Albeit, we are still a small community, but daily use has gotten to a point of being too much for me to handle alone.

I am requesting that I find someone who is knowledgeable with the MyBB forum software and can help me manage some of the more technical issues that arise on the site. I am a college student, so one can imagine how I have become strapped for time.

In addition, if you're into metal, that's awesome. I'd definitely choose someone who can also contribute to the community over someone who is not much into it. Though, I do not require that you have a running knowledge of the genre or even mild interest in it. This position is strictly based upon getting some technical assistance.

And now for the procedural:

Form for REQUESTING staff
Name of site (and/or forum)?: Planetary Sanctum
Link to forum?: www.planetarysanctum.com
Genre?: Music/Entertainment/News Source
Forum Software?: MyBB
Total number of posts the forum has received?: ~6.5k
Seeking?: Admin
Paid Position?: I may have the means to pay after a solid understanding for the website, its needs, and a more personal relationship has formed. For now, I'm keeping it based on someone who might just have a little bit of free time to spare.
If Paid, How Much?: N/A for the moment
Why are you requesting staff?: Technical assistance, advice, etc.
(2011-11-06, 01:10 AM)Cjanz Wrote: [ -> ]We've just had a logo change!

[Image: logo47.png]

The first one was much much better to tell you the truth.
I appreciate the input. I guess I thought the building on the globe didn't represent the site too well. I wanted something a little more memorable, I guess. Plus, a lot of metal artists use graphic art and scratchy logos, so I thought it fit better when making it. Perhaps that creates a better understanding for the change; nonetheless, I do understand why it could be polarizing.