MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding Drop Down Menus Tabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright so the subject is basicly saying what i want to do, i have little experince with PHP so bear with me but im not stupid either and do have experince but not enough to do simple things like so.

Im trying to make a drop down tab on my forums so i can make it also look like a website as well as forum.

this is how i want it(using myybb.com as example)

-Downloads
-Mods
-Themes

please also explin how i would edit it and what the atributes i should know about are because of course ill have to edit it the way i want the tabs to be listed... thanks in advance Smile
you can look at the code and templates for how the post Edit button works (Quick Edit or Full Edit) and use that. its built into MyBB, but does require javascript to be enabled to work. So if you make a custom setup, you should make the base link still go someplace valid so if a user without JS enabled click the tab/button it will still work.

I think MattR has posted some tutorials in other threads about this.
Ummmm I dint know what your talking about Confused like I think I found already to edit the template but I'm not exactly sure. And do you know where I could find that tut cuz I can't Confused thanks
to use teh built-in MyBB popup/dropdown similar to the Edit button, find the link or image you want to make have the menu popup in the template system. then edit it similar to

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/YOUR_FALLBACK_PAGE.php" target="_blank"  id="SOME_MENU_NAME">Link Text</a>
<div id="SOME_MENU_NAME_popup" class="popup_menu" style="display: none;">
<div class="popup_item_container">
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/FIRST_LINK.php" " class="popup_item" target="_blank">FIRST LINK TEXT</a>
</div>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/SECOND_LINK.php" class="popup_item">SECOND LINK TEXT</a>
</div>
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/THIRD_LINK.php" class="popup_item">THIRD LINK TEXT</a>
</div>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
// <!--
	if(use_xmlhttprequest == "1")
	{
		new PopupMenu("MENU_NAME_FROM_ABOVE");
	}
// -->
</script>
And where is the system template? Where's it located (what directory). And again thanks Smile I hope this works and is what I'm looking for because the popup thing doesn't spud like what I want.
Those aren't what I'm looking for sorry Sad I need
To change the menu tabs so that there like a drop down menu.
They are the menu ones only?
Alright well I'll take a look at it and get back but it's sorta confusing alread because I don't know where I'm editing.
The links which I provided explains very much everything, where to put codes, where to upload and all.
Pages: 1 2 3