MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Google Virus? HELP PLEASE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So where it says "recently active users" it says there is a user named "google". I checked my user list and there is no user named google listed.

I'm almost 100% sure it's just google's search engine, but I want to be positive I have no viruses/not being hacked.

Thanks.
Yep I confirmed the IP its the search engine. 66.249.71.37
Please scan your system with www.superantispyware.com. Do not forget to update the program after having downloaded it. You can use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free too, please update it, before using it.

There is a free version for both programs.

Let your system scan and remove everything what has been found.
(2011-10-13, 04:30 AM)Ruby Wrote: [ -> ]Please scan your system with www.superantispyware.com. Do not forget to update the program after having downloaded it. You can use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free too, please update it, before using it.

No need. It's just Google.
(2011-10-13, 04:40 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-13, 04:30 AM)Ruby Wrote: [ -> ]Please scan your system with www.superantispyware.com. Do not forget to update the program after having downloaded it. You can use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free too, please update it, before using it.

No need. It's just Google.

^This. And Search engine bots won't appear in Members list.
As you site gets big, you will see lot more "viruses" Toungue like Yahoo, Alexa, etc.

No need to worry about them. Smile
You do not need to worry as that is google indexing your site. You can change/edit spiders that index your site via the admincp

Admincp >> Configuration >> Spiders/Bots

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Admin_CP_Config_Spiders
Its really a good thing, Google is crawling your site, Smile which means more indexing, more search result on google, rank of your site may go up
(2011-10-13, 06:53 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Its really a good thing, Google is crawling your site, Smile which means more indexing, more search result on google, rank of your site may go up

This. Don't worry OP. Worst comes to worst, create a robots.txt file and deny google.
(2011-10-13, 06:57 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]This. Don't worry OP. Worst comes to worst, create a robots.txt file and deny google.

OP thinks its virus, :p .

As G33K said, there is no need to worry. There is no virus on your site; it is simply google crawling your forum.