MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [In Progress] MySubscriptions - Paypal IPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is now a release thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-123597.html

Hey peeps, just thought I'd make a development thread since I've been progressively working on a new subscriptions plugin. The original plugin came from Jammerx2, but after talking to him, I have decided to completely recreate the idea and take it to new heights. The goal of MySubscriptions will be to create a way for users to purchase subscriptions to certain usergroups on your forums. The process will probably be very similar to vBulletin's built-in payment system, except it will be on MyBB and therefore cool & free. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that- this plugin will be free (Hooray!).

So I hope to get some ideas / feedback on this as I'll be working hard on this. There will be a progress bar below this paragraph to let you know what's going on, and underneath that will be some screenshots. Here we go with it:

Planned Features:
- Multiple subscriptions
- Multiple price/times for each subscription. (eg- $0.99 / 5 days, $3.99 / 1 month, etc)
- Complete history / searching for payments made.
- Screenshot of start/finish of payment (for in-case people chargeback, you'll have proof)
- Handling of chargebacks, refunds, recurring & one-time payments.
- Complete coolness for having a forum with payments that isn't vBulletin

Now for some screenshots! Otherwise nobody will believe I'm actually working on this, lol

[attachment=24416][attachment=24417][attachment=24612][attachment=24613]

Thanks for reading!
Hope this eventually can help some people :)
Looks great!

Also; We'd believe you, we'd just nag you more if we had less proof p:
Looks cool, but is not Pirata Nervo's plugin call the same way?
(2011-10-13, 07:05 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks cool, but is not Pirata Nervo's plugin call the same way?

His plugin was put out a few months later than Josh's (Jammerx2), which used the same name as us. It was slightly annoying, but I'm not changing the name because of that. If anything, it'll just give him a run for his money. Anyway I can guarantee this is going to be 100% different. Mainly because I actually started with a blank file and have been building it for the past few days.
Looks very great and promising, I guess the last option in price setting, named recurring, if turned off, will allow PayPal users to buy who doesn't have their account verified with credit card right? Hope to see it coming along.
(2011-10-13, 10:45 AM)Revenger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-13, 07:05 AM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks cool, but is not Pirata Nervo's plugin call the same way?

His plugin was put out a few months later than Josh's (Jammerx2), which used the same name as us. It was slightly annoying, but I'm not changing the name because of that. If anything, it'll just give him a run for his money. Anyway I can guarantee this is going to be 100% different. Mainly because I actually started with a blank file and have been building it for the past few days.

That's what happens when you use a generic term with "My" slapped on the front of it.

It looks good though, good luck.
(2011-10-16, 06:44 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Looks very great and promising, I guess the last option in price setting, named recurring, if turned off, will allow PayPal users to buy who doesn't have their account verified with credit card right? Hope to see it coming along.

Well recurring makes it a subscription, so the user would sign an agreement and paypal would charge them every x amount of days/months/years automatically. Some users wouldn't be able to do that, however, such as the ones you described. Leaving the recurring option off would change the payment type to a regular, one-time, payment. If this were set for a certain amount of time, then they would have to purchase again every time they ran out.

(2011-10-16, 11:29 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]That's what happens when you use a generic term with "My" slapped on the front of it.

It looks good though, good luck.

Yeah a lot of our plugins tend to do that lol, and thanks
When is the estimated time of arrival of this plugin?
(2011-10-24, 10:06 PM)Insanity Wrote: [ -> ]When is the estimated time of arrival of this plugin?

I'm hoping to have a beta released in 1-2 weeks at max. I have a headache currently, so I won't get much done today, but progress has been coming along smoothly now. I have custom styles coming up (for the payment page), and a bunch of IPN options to help a broader section of users. I also have to test multiple currencies and conversions. So there's a bit of work to be done yet.
Well, just worked on this for about 5 hours straight...

Almost ready for beta* release, just have to implement/test recurring subscriptions.
Pages: 1 2 3