MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I just installed the latest version of MyBB and I have a problem with the admin screen (see the screenshot below).

I think it may be because I decided to have the forums in myurl.com/forums after the install was complete. I moved all the files to the forums directory in my server by I'm still getting this problem and I'm stumped.

admin screenshot

Thanks for the help!
Make sure you have the inc/languages/admin folder uploaded and chmoded correctly.

If you changed the url after installing then you also need to make the changes to inc/settings.php and in the AdminCP General configuration.
Thanks for the reply. When I go to /inc/languages/ I don't see an admin folder. That is probably my problem. Where can I get it? Or do I have to reinstall?
You can re-upload it from a fresh download. You don't have to re-install.

By the way, the admin folder is in inc/languages/<language>/admin
Oh, I do have that file. I re-uploaded it, nothing changed. I then re-installed MyBB and still nothing has changed. What's going on?
Okay, I want to start from nothing and reinstall because now it's more broken than it has been. I've removed the database and deleted the directory under which I had mybb installed. Do I need to do anything else to completely remove it before I try a fresh install?

Thanks!
I fully uninstalled and reinstalled MyBB and am having the same issue with the admin. Can someone please help?! This is the only thing preventing me from launching my website.
PM me your admin and ftp details and I'll have a look.
If ./inc/languages/english/admin/ does exist, make sure all files in that directory are CHMOD'ed to 666.