MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: iCloud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone else have their iCloud set-up yet? I am completely in love with it.

http://i.imgur.com/CsqZK.jpg

Also, @me.com email address? Yes!

Mine is [email protected] feel free to send me some hate mail.

Here is a rundown on what was added and fixed so far.

What do you guys think of it so far?
Nope, and I'm not going to bother with it for the time being. I don't see anything life-changing about it.
(2011-10-13, 10:18 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, and I'm not going to bother with it for the time being. I don't see anything life-changing about it.

It's quite awesome when you actually give it a go. That is if you have a mac for the integration between it and your phone. Read the article up there for some more information.
Yep. Gonna back up every week or two. Then delete when it gets to be too much. Wink
(2011-10-13, 10:20 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-13, 10:18 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, and I'm not going to bother with it for the time being. I don't see anything life-changing about it.

It's quite awesome when you actually give it a go. That is if you have a mac for the integration between it and your phone. Read the article up there for some more information.

Different from Dropbox how?
(2011-10-13, 10:28 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. Gonna back up every week or two. Then delete when it gets to be too much. Wink

I still have 4.7GB's available. But I'd like bi-daily or daily backups.
(2011-10-13, 10:32 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]

Kind of my feeling. I mean what's the advantage over dropbox, minus, or Amazons cloud? I don't have any apple products and this would force me to install iTunes as well to sync my music and books.
(2011-10-13, 10:49 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-13, 10:32 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]

Kind of my feeling. I mean what's the advantage over dropbox, minus, or Amazons cloud? I don't have any apple products and this would force me to install iTunes as well to sync my music and books.

It's not even close to Dropbox Toungue. It doesn't have drag-drop uploads or something like that. It's like a seamless integration between your devices. Like say I made a new contact on my iPhone called "Alex Smith" it would automatically pop it onto my iPad, iPod and mac. Of course thats just an example. Here is some of the things you can use with your cloud.

[Image: 0E4Df.png]
Again though if I don't have any iDevices it offers less than amazon does for example.
(2011-10-13, 10:59 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Again though if I don't have any iDevices it offers less than amazon does for example.

The point of it is to use it with a iDevice. If you do not have one there really isn't a point to using it. I'm not sure you can even get a cloud without using a iDevice. Mine created it for me during the iOS set-up screens.
Pages: 1 2 3