MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is the i7 really that good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Amd has some good quads, man the even have blazing fast eight cores. y everyone crazy over i7?
i7 has six cores(max). The octa core is AMD, and it can't out preform an i5 on some tests.
Im an AMD fan, I remember when peoples eyes used to sparkle for the p4 it being the fastest then, im sure AMD will overcome in time.Big Grin
Maybe. The Octacore is coming to prematurely, it surely would've been been in a year or two. The Intel series do some sersious power though. I'd say at this current generation (The oncoming AMD and the current Intel's) Intel is better. Maybe next gen they will pull back ahead.
i do respect Intel but AMD has always been there for low budget guys like myself. Always been able to easily overclock and meet the speeds of high class Intel CPU. One area ill take my hat off to Intel for is graphics, back then they have never really had a place with their gpu, but seeing the performance of intel gma hd 3000 and others in gaming shows Intel is gaining ground in other areas as well.
Intel FTW!

* Alex Smith looks for comic he saw recently. But couldn't find it.

Honestly though you can usually get about the same bang for your buck with intel as you can with AMD it just may not always be as easy to OC.

Don't honestly have a strong personal reason to prefer Intel they always just seem to be ahead and I never have issues with them. Only had an AMD once and didn't have any issues with it either though Toungue.
I've seen a stable i7 overclocked to 4.8GHz. I use a PC with an i3 @ 3GHz and an i5 in a laptop @ 3GHz (using Intel's Turbo Boost).

Needless to say, I stopped using AMD stuff 2 years ago. Intel's performance - consistently - is better.
I could be wrong, but a long while ago I read about how Intel's i5 & i7 out performs AMD in gaming, while AMD has shown to be equal or better for daily mainstream use.

AMD's not bad IMO for those that are on a tight budget.

But I'm a gamer, and I'd spend the extra few bucks to get the extra kick.
(2011-10-14, 03:54 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong, but a long while ago I read about how Intel's i5 & i7 out performs AMD in gaming, while AMD has shown to be equal or better for daily mainstream use.

AMD's not bad IMO for those that are on a tight budget.

But I'm a gamer, and I'd spend the extra few bucks to get the extra kick.

http://forums.canadacomputers.com/showth...8#pid19758

It's brand new. i5 2500k kicks the crap outa the octa core.
AMD Bulldozer sucks compared to Intel's Sandy Bridge. AMD was way better back in the P4 days but times change.

Here's why they suck: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display...iasco.html
Pages: 1 2