MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wordpress mybb integration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is that wordbb is out-dated and no longer seems to get developer attention or updates... so I was wondering what is the best option for a wordpress integration.

Thanks!
I hope someone has an answer for you, but I haven't had much luck in trying to get the same answer here. Zingiri is another option, but I've tried it and I found out it slows down your site too much. Also, you can hardly get any support for that plugin.

I think the most reliable way to integrate wordpress with a forum is either with bbpress or go with the paid forum softwares. I've been doing research on this for the past 3 weeks, I seriously don't think there is a free option other than bbpress.
(2011-10-14, 04:48 PM)tikijj Wrote: [ -> ]I think the most reliable way to integrate wordpress with a forum is either with bbpress or go with the paid forum softwares. I've been doing research on this for the past 3 weeks, I seriously don't think there is a free option other than bbpress.

I've been doing the same research and found no solid option. There are some great mods I want to use with wordpress that require user registration through wordpress. If I didn't need those, I wouldn't worry about user integration. I have a xenforo license but I'm not sure if there is a user integration for that either.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply!

Spam? Not cool on mybb official!
I've been doing a bunch of research into this ASWELL haha, I've found that people have managed to do this but no one wants to share. Basically all I want is a way that when someone signs up for mybb they can also comment on the wordpress site under the same account or something along those lines.

Been playing with wordbb and haven't really been able to figure out if its actually doing anything.

Anyone have any ideas if doing what I asked is possible?

Cheers
^ @Headifen , this external link might help : WordPress - MyBB user Integration
{ if the site is not online at present, try it later }

it uses myBB users database for wordpress ; BUT doesn't has single sign-in feature ...
(2011-10-23, 05:37 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ @Headifen , this external link might help : WordPress - MyBB user Integration
{ if the site is not online at present, try it later }

it uses myBB users database for wordpress ; BUT doesn't has single sign-in feature ...

Cool thanks, I'll give it a go. Soo just to clarify will you be able to sign into wordpress to leave comments on your mybb account?
^ user has to log into both WP, myBB with same credentials ; single sign-in is not available at present ...
I am using it and it works absolutely fine with myBB 1.6.4 provided both the server are located in same IP.

Otherwise you can use RSS to forum posting. Which will take the syndication of wordpress and post it directly in mybb. I have implemented that also and works smooth for me.

In the second case you will not be able to show the comments posted in the forum as blog comment in Wordpress. But rest all thing will work.
Script integration is a worthy challenge that many experienced coders tend to shy away from.
You can do it with time and effort:

One option:
There is a WP/MyBB plugin offered free on the site formerly called "MyBBRunway." They changed their forum name, and I need to update my bookmark someday.

The plugin has a rather long thread, and I think it works, but do not know the features. If you see Euntator (lol) how do you spell his name, he knows about it*

*If my memory is correct.

#
Another option:
MyBB + jFusion/Joomla* + Wordpress

*The MyBB plugin is not supported anymore, but it does work** if you follow the set-up instructions carefully.

**I've had MyBB + jFusion/Joomla* + Moodle + Elgg all working (including dual login/multi-SSO/multi-logout***), but the Wordpress plugin is newer and you might have issues with cookie settings.

*** If you have ~20 hours to invest, this is Really Nice when it all works together.**** Smile

****Be prepared to have fun updating a lot of links related to reg/login/logout, etc. Toungue

Pages: 1 2