MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My webhost has restricted that only mails from their own domain is allowed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to this wiki: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail , I need to edit the file function.php

Problem is that wiki hasn't been updated in almost a year and the function.php file is different now.

Can someone help me make my from e-mail on mybb send from FREEHOSTIA.com please?

Thanks.
That edit will work fine. AFAIK, no changes to the mail system were made in the few minor releases.
Uhhm you don't understand.

The page on that wiki says;

If your webhost has restricted that only mails from there own domain is allowed, try to edit the file inc/functions.php. Look for:

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
and include above: ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] "); 
Then it should look like this:

ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
YOURDOMAIN must be replaced by the domain where the forum is hosted.

But there is no mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers), anywhere in the function.php file. I still do not know what to do.
Anyone? Sad
Anyone at all? D:
Can you describe what exactly the problem is?
PHP Mails won't send out (i.e; registration e-mails for confirmation) because my host only allows e-mails sent from their domain (@freehostia.com) - linking me to this page of the wiki (which has a solution to that problem at the bottom): http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail isn't useful because that page of the wiki is OUTDATED and the file mentioned to edit in it to fix the problem has changed since that wiki page was created so the tutorial on that page to fix that issue (sending e-mails from my host) doesn't work since it's outdated and function.php was changed.
Use SMTP mail using an account from freehostia.com
I'd rather not use SMTP.

Clearly there is an easy solution according to the wiki I've linked. It just needs to be updated as it's a little outdated and the function.php has been changed. I just need to make it so all e-mails appear to be sent from [email protected] - I just don't know what line to edit in function.php because it's been edited since that explanation in the wiki.
Line 453 in inc/functions.php. Add the new line above it.
Thanks Rukbat, I'll try that.
Pages: 1 2