MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6 Version to 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An easy upgrade from MyBB 1.6 to MyBB 2.0

Also to merge the users/posts/threads etc. from database from 1.6 to 2.0

I think , that a lot of users will "upgrade" to 2.0 and leave behind the 1.6 version.

Rolleyes
That will be included, don't worry Smile
(2011-10-14, 05:17 PM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]An easy upgrade from MyBB 1.6 to MyBB 2.0

Also to merge the users/posts/threads etc. from database from 1.6 to 2.0

I think , that a lot of users will "upgrade" to 2.0 and leave behind the 1.6 version.

Rolleyes

Well, of course. I don't see why you've suggested this. The team aren't going to spend years creating a new version without letting current users upgrade.
" I don't see why you've suggested this "

I saw that 2.0 will have a new structure. So you can't only overwrite files and done !
Yeah, MyBB is just going to leave you 1.6 users behind in 2 years, because you're running 1.6!

Dude...Of course they're going to include an upgrade process. You have nothing to worry about.
It's probably best to do a fresh install anyway. Convert the database, back it up, import it after install, etc.
(2011-10-14, 09:35 PM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]" I don't see why you've suggested this "

I saw that 2.0 will have a new structure. So you can't only overwrite files and done !

So what's ./install/upgrade.php for? It's been there in every version of MyBB.

You can upgrade from any version of MyBB to the latest version, whether there are file or databases changes.

With 2.0, you delete the 1.6.x files, upload the 2.0.x files, and run the upgrade script.
Yes, obviously we're not going to expect you to start again. You'll be able to upgrade just like you've always been able to. Different file structure has no effect, and the fact that the database structure is different is exactly what the upgrade script will sort out.