MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM System - blank preview post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I received this error message from an Admin on our forum. This is the 2nd or 3rd person that has had this problem. Here is what he wrote:

Quote:The PM system was acting weird, within the past hour, as it's done before: You write a PM, and when you preview it, the page is blank. But if you send it, the recipient can hit "Reply," and the message appears. (This has also happened when posting, within the past month or so.)

Any suggestions on where to start looking for solutions? I have a backup of everything on the server from over two months ago or so. I can upload any older files over newer ones to see if that fixes the problem. If anyone thinks that would work, what files should I start looking into reverting back to before the problem started?
provide a test user account so that someone can check the issue ...
I have a test user account started. If anyone wants the details, let me know so you can look at the problem, but the problem is sporatically.

Would it have something to do with the page loading? For example if you click on Preview, if you have a slow or no iternet connection, it won't load the message you just typed but it will load the rest of the page?

Just troubleshooting here.
^ as you said it is happening at irregular intervals, it could be a host issue / local issue !!
something like slow server response / slow net speed / browser related ...
That's kinda what I am thinking now, too. If it happens again, I will see if the member can get me a screen shot of what it looks like and recommend him hitting the F5 key to see if the preview shows back up. ???
Sorry to open this back up, but the same user sent the following:

Quote:It's glitching again! I try posting a reply to the Lost Dutchman thread, and it comes up blank: no message, just my sig. I've rebooted and tried it in Firefox and Opera both. The PM system is working, and I was able to post elsewhere. It's just totally random.

Does it still sound like it's slow server response / slow net speed / browser related?