MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: white screen on conversion phpBB to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, just want to make sure something

I manage to convert phpBB to myBB last night
but to make sure all went right, i try this conversion in my localhost with latest backup of my real sites Sleepy

all went right, until when i try to ran some module conversion, it turn to white , no progress bar appeared

it happen on some empty module only i think (in my case are attachment and polls, since I disable attachment and never post polls before) and one module which i'm not sure its empty or not (settings)

after that, i try to went to next step, cleanup, and when i try to run myBB, all in there, i think it works, Undecided, but still not sure since i didn't make deep search for error

so, is it white screen normal for conversion? just to make sure of this Huh

thanx and sorry for my language, not native english speaker Toungue

UPDATE :

just searching in different threads, maybe it will help me

http://community.mybb.com/thread-105055-...#pid768494

although its not phpBB threads, but worth to try
Yes, that should be your solution.
okay, now based on those patch, problem are solved

just some glitch, accidentally I made mistake on database configuration, and it turn to white screen

maybe developer should consider to make some redirect page or something similar, if catch any wrong input or error. rather than only white screen

but thanx for the help, SOLVED
Actually it should show you an error if you input something wrong. What exactly did you put in wrong and I'll have a look at the code to see why it white paged.
hem, not so sure bout that, I manage this conversion in localhost, maybe the environment make this white screen Sleepy

I use latest XAMPP lite in my flash disk, since I need portable webserver environment Wink

I put wrong data (password or database name if Im not mistaken) when I press next, it turn to white, although already patch the script with fix above Undecided

More careful in my real hosting, so didn't find any error Big Grin

regards, Blush

Ok, I'll have a look through the code anyways and see if I can find a bad call to the error class or something similar. Thanks
I'm in the middle of a phpbb3 to mybb conversion and I get a white screen on the database configuration when I hit next.

If I put in the wrong info it gives me the can't connect to database error but now that I corrected my mistake, I get a white screen.
Nevermind - I got it working! Don't ask me how - I just kept trying.
Forum permissions, Polls, Moderators, and Attachments ALL run a white page when I try to run them on the merger. I don't know what came through correctly or not, I have the owner going over everything manually right now. Good thing it's a new board they're converting!
I'll need to know which versions of PHP for each. It is possible a new version of PHP has caused the issue you are both experiencing.
This is copied from the phpMyAdmin page. There is a notice to upgrade his version to the latest one. He's using 3.4.5

Version information: 3.4.5, latest stable version: 3.4.6

FYI - if it makes any difference, there were no polls, moderators on this site.
Lots of large fonts and odd characters and broken link formatting showed up too.
(2011-10-17, 12:58 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]This is copied from the phpMyAdmin page. There is a notice to upgrade his version to the latest one. He's using 3.4.5

Version information: 3.4.5, latest stable version: 3.4.6

FYI - if it makes any difference, there were no polls, moderators on this site.
Lots of large fonts and odd characters and broken link formatting showed up too.

Thats phpMyAdmin version, not the version of PHP itself.
The white page you're getting with polls and such is this [Issue #1745].
Pages: 1 2