MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum messed up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I recently downloaded MyBB v 1.6.4 (latest) and I installed a theme called Blue Lust. All was going well until I went to my UCP and got an error like this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ')' in "REMOVED" index.php on line 669

Where it says REMOVED was the directory address. I logged out and tried to log back in, but when I went on either the Log in page or the Register page, it turned completely blank. Nothing whatsoever.

I made a thread in the Theme SUpport forum, and got a reply via PM to re-upload MyBB to my server.

I reulpaded the whole "upload" directory again, but now I cannot even access the ACP! It shows this error:Fatal error: Call to undefined function config_meta() in /home/XXX/public_html/forums/admin/index.php on line 411

Forum URL:
http://battleonnews.hourb.com/forums/

All pages except the main page are now blank! What should I do? Can anyone help me get my forums up and running?
try to reload the forumdisplay.php files.
I did that, still doesn't work. Can anyone with a good reputation/experience on the MyBB forums fix the problem if given access to the FTP account?
First try this:

Back up your database and download the backup. Download all the files on the forum site.

Now delete the database, recreate a blank database. Upload a fresh copy of MyBB - all the files.

Install. See if that works. If it does, import the database backup.

Go to the top of this forum's list - there's a link to a security problem. Fix it. (It's just to delete a few characters in one line of one file.)

Giving your login and password to someone else - even someone you think you can trust - is the last thing you do, after everything else fails. And by doing it yourself, you'll learn something.

(I could probably fix it for you, but in your place, I wouldn't trust me.)